The Online Poker Room Experience
Even if you are a seasoned veteran or an inexperienced poker player, online poker has a lot to offer you. Poker is so much fun and enjoyable. It allows you to use a strategic frame of mind with the combination of luck! In an online betting site you can pretend to be like Kenny Rogers in The Gambler and know when to hold them and know when to run. How do you become a part of the online poker experience? All you need is a little drive and Internet access.
Here is how the process starts. Get online and use your web browser to click on online betting sites that are about online poker and offer assorted games. If you have a particular poker game style, make sure the site you choose has that game available. If you do not have a style yet, it is not a problem. It would be a great idea to research the rules of playing poker and know how to play before actually starting a game. Research the types of games and find out what game is your favorite. You know the saying “it’s not over until the fat lady sings?” In poker that is not true. There may be a fat singing lady somewhere offline but online, you can always ask for help. Most poker sites that you may run into have help buttons or search boxes so you can key in any terms you don’t understand to get their meanings. Once you have gotten past finding and learning a game that suits you, review and memorize rules so that you look professional.
Now, let us talk about responsible gambling. Gambling can be enjoyable and entertaining. Even though it is competitive, respecting other players is important. Just because you are in an online betting site and can’t see the other players the “do unto others as you would want done to you” still applies. You can behave any way you like since you are at home, play in your underwear if you like, but in an online card room, remain respectful when playing your hand.
When you are wagering you must understand that you are responsible for account transactions so mum’s the word on any password that may be given to you. Most online betting sites keep the personal identity and account information confidential. Of course you are 18 or above and as an adult you should know that it is up to you to read up on website rules and regulations. Some regulations researched from some casino websites are available to give you an idea of what you are getting into:
* Players may play games for free or they can play for money; (how awesome is that!)
* You have to be the legal age for gambling, which is 18. Imagine an embarrassing call from authorities to your mother to report your underage hand in winning a game and collecting the money under false pretenses. Yes, this is possible from playing online games.
What is offered when we become official gamers? An online betting site may have a sign-on bonus that is either 20% or up to $100. That is a great incentive. You haven’t even started to play yet and already you are gaining some dough. This bonus is deposited into your own poker account within 24 hours. Here is the catch: you have to earn player points to clear your cash. The player point requirement is 14 times the bonus amount. That is not too bad since you are going to play anyway. And you probably will play more than 14 games, doesn’t sound too bad eh?
How would it feel like to win up to five million dollars in a tournament? Right now such a tournament is happening. Just use your web tool bar in order to locate which site you need to go to so you can enter. You can enter such a tournament with as little as a dollar!
Want to know some more about other tournaments online betting sites provide? Here are a few:
* Daily Freerolls: this is a multi table tournament where you can join for free. The great thing about this is you have the chance to win bonus cash. You should check your website’s tourney schedule to see more details. If it’s for free, take a chance!
* There are tournaments that suit both European and North American players.
* You can play in All Lucky Dollar tourneys where the buy-in is only one dollar and cash is added to a prize pool. The winner has a chance at winning the prize pool. Once again, checking out what websites offer in regards to these kinds of tourneys is important. For one buck you can win a few more bucks. What a great opportunity!!
* There are such things called satellite qualifiers in online poker. Satellites broadcast tournaments from specific destinations and combine them together to make large tourney events called qualifiers. Through satellite qualifiers, anyone can qualify for all main poker events. There are Single table tournament qualifiers and multi-table qualifiers. Which ever one you are more comfortable playing is the one that you should choose.
* You can play in big tourneys through qualifier satellites for chances to win big prizes. For a few dollars you can join the really high stake tournaments. In a qualifier tourney instead of winning cash you win tickets to another tournament. You can bump to bump tournaments and build up tickets that can amount to cash. Since all tickets have an expiry period, make sure to pick a tourney that will have a long expiration time. This can allow players to find the right tournaments that have not expired yet.
As you progress your poker playing skills, you have opportunities to join in different tournaments and games that will allow you to win actual money. Remember to pick an online betting site that is guaranteed to be safe, reliable, and most of all fun. Practice makes perfect. Educate yourself on new and even old poker hands so every time you are in a game you seem to play like a real pro.